These days, apps are employed to serve varied utilities by individuals as well as businesses. An Individual can use such apps for finding a retail store, closest to his/her home and office, order home delivery of Foods as well as serving other purposes. On the other hands, businesses use these applications to reach out to the widest base of customers or to engage the engagement with their existing customers. Now, if you have to opt for app development, you can either opt for the Native or the Hybrid App. Which type of app should you opt for?
Well, the answer to this question is not that straight forward. Both these developments have its own pros and cons and more importantly, these apps are targeted for a different set of users. Hence, before taking the decision about the type of the app to opt for, you should gain insight on the advantages and disadvantages of both these apps so that decision making, turns a bit simpler for you. Paragraphs underneath shall give you a better insight on both these types of apps as well as discuss its pros and cons to support your decision making regarding the type of app that you should ideally opt for.
Describing Native Apps in layman’s term
Put in a language that will be easy to understand for the mass, a Native App happens to be the application that has been coded in some exclusive language for programming for different types of platforms for the deployment of the app. The Android devices and Java platform are probably the most popular choice in this regard. Users love these applications as it offers them the most superlative performance and a fascinating user experience.
Once some insight has been given about the Native Apps, it will make sense to discuss the probable advantages in using these apps.
What are the high sides of using the Native Apps?
- Incredible Speed: the first and foremost factor that entices the users to pick the Native apps is its dynamism and tremendous speed. These apps feature fluid animation as well as fast graphics that makes these apps highly coveted.
- User-friendliness: No matter what great feature and attributes an application comes with, it will produce the least benefit, if nothing at all, if it is not user-friendly. In this context, you are ought to rate these apps with a perfect-10 score as these applications are highly user-friendly and hence, irrespective of the technical expertise of the users, they can use the app easily. This boost the universality of the Native Apps.
- Offers a native feel and look: these applications can access the APIs that are specific to the Operating System of the device, including the Push notifications, Cameras, as well as the features and attributes that come inbuilt with the app. If this character has not been there, users will have difficulties in accessing these APIs.
- Easy availability of the resources, necessary for the development: It is obvious that the developer will require combining various resources to develop the app. In that regard, the benefit in opting for Native development is that you will be getting an instant and easy availability of the key resources that are necessary for developing these apps. Hence, you can complete the development process within the shortest turnaround time and you can keep the development expenses within control. It is one of the key reason for which the native app development enjoys a massive popularity these days.
- The development process is less complicated as the development concentrates on one platform at a go.
You will be getting easy availability of the tools and knowledge materials for the development of these apps. Most importantly, as these apps are having millions of users from around the world, you can join the communities of these users and gain more knowledge as well as get the support to troubleshoot the functional issues with the app.
Are there any downsides of developing the Native Apps?
As nothing under the sun is absolutely white, there are some cons to this type of developments. Paragraphs underneath will throw light on the key points in that regard.
- This development sometimes turns more critical as you will require coding in different styles for tablets and Smartphones.
- If the app is to be released to other app stores, each time you opt for such release, you will have to code it differently. This enhances the workload of the developers.
- Cost escalation as you have to develop different apps for different platforms.
Hybrid Apps- an overview and its pros & cons
As you can make it from the name itself, these apps basically combine the aspects and attributes of the web and native apps. These apps include all the positive sides of native development as well as retain the flexibility of the web applications to deploy the apps on multiple platforms. As an outcome, these apps perform without any confinement of the platforms. If truth be told, this flexibility is one of the key factors that can be accounted beyond the rising popularity of these apps.
The biggest benefit in opting for these apps is that these apps are extremely easy to develop. Likewise, it requires the minimum effort to maintain the Hybrid App. It is for the reason that these apps are easy to port from one platform to another and demands a native harness for running on different platforms.
As these apps utilize the CSS, scripts, the design of the apps come highly flexible and it can get accommodated in devices of all sizes. It is for this reason that the development of Hybrid App is more pocket-friendly. One of the biggest advantages of this development is that the app can be used both offline and online.
Speaking about the downsides, the biggest disadvantage is that you will have a scarcity in the availability of support as this form of development is relatively new. Other demerits include slower operating pace as well as security threats to the users.
How to decide on the type of the app development?
Once the merits and demerits of both these types have been discussed, probably, you will be better placed to decide on the type of the app that will be the most suitable in your case. Following are a few key areas of considerations that you need to consider in these regards:
- Will you use the app on a single platform or on multiple platforms? You must opt for the Hybrid development if you have to deploy the app on multiple browsers.
- If you require, including vibrant graphics, you should always go for the Native development.
- You should opt for the Hybrid Development if you want to escape the challenges of coding the app, each time it is to be released in different stores.
- If you are developing the app for serving enterprise use, you should opt for Native Development, as these developments will come almost 100% foolproof. The safety threat is one of the biggest disadvantages associated with the development of Hybrid Apps.
- Opting for the Hybrid Development will be the right move,if the development is to be completed within a low budget. It is for this reason that the small companies and start-up firms majorly opt for such developments.
The discussion made above, establish the point that the decision to opt for the type of app development is completely relative and you need to take the final call, considering its merits and demerits as well as the suitability of the development with your needs, requirements, and budget. Deciding on the type of development, considering these points, will ensure that you are making the right selection and hence, you can expect to get the best value in return for your money.
Ensure that you are partnering with a reliable and trustworthy provider who will be able to comprehend your needs precisely and offer the most suitable solutions to your needs.