According to Google, the number of websites that were hacked in 2016 was 32% more than in 2015. The online presence is on a tremendous increase, and so are the risks associated with it. There is a dire need to secure your data against online vulnerabilities.
Here, we list the WordPress backup plugins to secure your data in safe environments. You can create schedules backups of WordPress files and database in cloud storage or local storage. Which is the best plugin for your website? Check out this ultimate list of WordPress backup plugins to know more.
Creating a backup, and restoring it, sounds like a technical job. But with All-in-One WP Migration, you can perform tasks without any confusion. The simple navigation facilitates better user experience. The plugin provides options to Import, Export, and Find & Replace the database content.
- Compatible with mobiles and tablets
- Includes an exclusive Find and Replace feature to perform operations on your WordPress database
- Compatible with most of the PHP hosting providers
- You need to purchase premium version to migrate database to the cloud services
- Multisite usage is also provided with the Premium version
More than 1 million active WordPress users bestow their trust upon UpdraftPlus WordPress Backup Plugin. Prevent data loss due to hacking or server crash by backing it up with this amazing plugin. You can back up the files in cloud services like Dropbox, Google Drive, Rackspace Cloud, and so on.
- Automatic backups using scheduled backup service is available
- Consumes less memory during usage
- To access crucial functions like Cloning and Migration, multisite support, encrypting database, etc are available with the paid version
BackupBuddy knows about its priorities. It focuses on four major tasks that should be accomplished by a WordPress backup plugin – complete backups, scheduled backups, safe storage, and restoration. The Stash Live feature creates a backup of dynamic content in real-time. As soon as you make the changes, these are stored in the storage space. You are entitled to receive 1 GB free space with the plugin purchase.
- The plugin lets you backup individual files such as .php, .html, and so on
- It performs malware scanning and troubleshooting operations as well
- Some of the features are beyond the understanding of non-technical bloggers
If you want premium functions in a free backup plugin, you should go for BackUpWordPress. It lets you set up multiple schedules for backing up WordPress content. Create and download the backup in a zipped format. It is compatible with both Linux and Windows servers.
- As it consumes minimal resources, works smoothly in shared hosting environment
- The plugin is available in different languages such as German, Serbian, French, Chinese, etc
- Open source which is susceptible to changes and malware injection
Mishaps don’t ring a bell before knocking at the door. Keep your WordPress content safe and secure with the user-friendly backup plugin, Snapshot Pro. Schedule timely backups for the entire database, or exclude some files as per your requirement. The buyer is entitled to receive 10 GB of WPMU DEV cloud storage with the purchase.
- You have the alternative of purchasing WPMU DEV membership to access the products and services, including Snapshot Pro, of the developers
- Commendable 24*7 support
- Snapshot Pro lacks exclusiveness. Most of the features are available with free WordPress backup plugins
Looking for a power-packed WordPress backup plugin? You can place your bet on WordPress Backup and Migrate Plugin – BackupGuard plugin. Accomplish all the necessary tasks like back up, migration, restore, export, import, etc with utmost perfection.
- It displays the real-time status of the backup process in progress
- It provides most of the premium features in the free version
- Surprisingly, storing backup in cloud servers is available with the premium version only
- Some users may find the interface a little confusing
Certain plugins don’t come into the limelight despite being the eligible contender. WP Database Backup is one of those WordPress backup plugins. Install this plugin to utilize essential functions related to backup and restoring WordPress database.
- Can be configured easily without diving into the technicalities
- Provides numerous features in the free version, including Sorting and Automatic Backups
- Relatively a new plugin in comparison to other well-established players
WP Migrate DB knows the importance of handling a database. This is the reason the processes of backup, migration, and restoration has been dealt with detailed emphasis. The plugin lets the user download the backup as an SQL file. It can handle serialized data with perfection.
- It is an ideal plugin for both the developers and the non-technical bloggers
- Regularly updated and enjoys impressive user ratings
- Novice bloggers may find it difficult to grasp the working of this plugin
- The free version provides limited functions
VaultPress has been there in for quite a long time. The seamless working and focused approach seem to entice the WordPress users. It accomplishes the job of backing up your data, in a secure environment, with utmost perfection.
- Includes the much-desired real-time backup feature
- Security scanning feature is an added advantage
- While other plugins provide extra features, VaultPress is just concerned with back up and security
Duplicator enjoys an enviable rating of 4.9 out of 5. More than a million active installs depict the reputation of this backup and migration plugin. The job of backing up involves a lot of technicalities but a user never experiences it, courtesy Duplicator.
- Regularly updated to maintain the compatibility with the latest WordPress version
- Intimates every functioning via email notifications
- Restricted access to the features in the free version. Cloud services could have been included in the free plugin
A WordPress website has a lot of components like comments, posts, pages, plugins, themes, widgets, and so on. BackWPup is an expert when it comes to dealing with every aspect of a WordPress site. Backup, export, import, and optimize database with this splendid plugin.
- You can learn about the plugin usage with the help of tutorials
- Checks your WordPress database for corrupt files, and repairs them
- The plugin dashboard appears confusing for the beginner
- Pro version supports essential features
Securing your data on a cloud storage is recommended because this diminishes the risk of data loss. Backup & Restore Dropbox believes in this concept and hence, it provides data backup, import, export, and migration services on Dropbox. You can also save the backup content at local storage.
- All advanced features available free of cost
- Option of creating WPAdm account for efficient handling of all the backups
- Limited functionality when it comes to database backup
- It supports only Dropbox cloud services
The Bottom Line
The website content shows your passion and hard work. Secure the content with one of the aforementioned plugins. You don’t need to handle all the technicalities and cumbersome tasks when you have these WordPress backup plugins by your side.